95-Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
***This product page was for our Fall 2017 training, which has concluded. If you would like to enroll in Mission Propelle’s spring training, please visit this page and complete the application. Payment will be handled separately, once your application has been accepted. Thank you!
Out of stock
MP’s Children’s Yoga Teacher Training covers the Yoga Alliance’s six pillars of yoga for ages 2-15: General Background in the Specialty Area; Techniques, Training and Practice; Teaching Methodology; Anatomy and Physiology; Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Children’s Yoga Teachers; and Practicum. Workshops and practicum experiences allow participants to customize their learning based on their preferred age group.
Participants with an interest in Mission Propelle’s proprietary teaching methods will have the opportunity to specialize in our techniques while observing, assisting, and teaching in Mission Propelle classrooms, ultimately gaining the certification needed to be onboarded as a lead teacher. Employment is not guaranteed and hiring decisions will be based on successful completion of all program requisites as well as an audition. If you are not interested in teaching for us, that’s fine! The specialized content is an add-on for those who would like to join our team.
Make-up days are built into the program and tuition, meaning if you can’t make a class or two, we’ll ensure you get the training anyway.
WHAT MAKES MISSION PROPELLE’S PROGRAM STAND ABOVE THE REST
- Flexibility: Trainees can customize schedule with built-in make-up dates and practicum opportunities available every weekday throughout the program.
- Real-life experience: Trainees have the opportunity to observe, co-teach, and teach independently throughout the program
- Affordability: On average, our program costs 50-70% less than every other RCYT program in Chicagoland.
- Personalization: Interested in learning trauma-sensitive teaching strategies? Hoping to teach incarcerated youth? Looking to improve your classroom culture with yoga-based interventions? Name your areas of interest and they will be specifically built into the curriculum.
- Employment Options: Want to teach for MP? Offset the cost of tuition by training to teach for MP, or rack up your practicum hours by apprenticing in MP classrooms!*
In addition to earning your RCYT, trainees will enjoy…
– Onsite mat storage
– Free KIND bars, CLIF bars, Vitacoco, tea, and other refreshments
SUNDAYS (1-6 p.m.): October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; November 5, 12, 19; December 3
TUESDAYS (6:30-9:30 p.m.): October 3, 10, 17, 24; November 7, 14, 21, 28
THURSDAYS (6:30-9:30 p.m.): October 5, 12, 19, 26; November 2, 9, 16, 30
In addition to the training dates provided above, trainees must observe 6 classes. Opportunities will be provided daily, Monday-Saturday.
418 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
Within 3 blocks of Red, Blue, and Brown/Purple/Green/Orange line El Stations
Within 2 blocks of most downtown bus routes (146, 147, etc.)
Although the RCYT designation is only available to RYTs, EVERYONE is welcome to enroll in the program – no prerequisites required! Click here to read the Yoga Alliance’s credentialing standards for Children’s Yoga teachers. Note that while many children’s yoga workshops claim to be “certification” programs, only 95-hour programs endorsed by the Yoga Alliance – like Mission Propelle’s – are able to administer the industry-recognized RCYT designation.
See standard rates below. Payment plans, partial scholarships, and work-trade options are available, inquire with email@example.com.
- Educator Rate: $1,300
- This rate is reserved for full-time preschool teachers and k-12 educators with proof of employment.
- Standard Rate: $1,600
- $100 kickback for anyone you refer (no limits)
- Buddy discount: Enroll with a friend for $100 off apiece (must enroll same day)
- Partner studio or educator: various discounts – inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts and coupon codes will be redeemed when you pay the remaining balance on your tuition after the $150 deposit.
A deposit of $150 is required with registration. This fee is non-refundable and may be paid via credit card, direct bank transfer, cash, or check made out to Mission Propelle Inc. The deposit will be applied toward tuition payment. Remaining tuition fees are due by September 24, 2017.
REFUND AND CERTIFICATION POLICY
If you register at the standard rate and submit written notice of your need to withdraw from the program by September 1, 2017, you may receive a refund minus the $150 nonrefundable deposit. Credit card refunds will be subject to an additional 4% processing fee. There will be no refunds after September 1, 2017. If you register after this date or withdraw from the program for any reason thereafter, you will be responsible for paying the full tuition, regardless of any partial payments that have been made to date. If you register at a promotional rate or receive a scholarship, your tuition balance is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Note: Receipt of the RCYT designation is not automatic upon completion of program modules. RCYT certification will be based on successful completion of all required modules and assignments, attendance requirements, and lead trainer’s assessment of trainee’s teaching competence.
*Employment is not guaranteed. Hiring decisions are made on a case-by-case basis depending on quality of instruction, fulfillment of program requirements, schedule, and placement availability.