GIRL POWER YOGA
Girl Power Yoga is an after-school program where elementary-age girls grow in confidence as they practice yoga, engage in storytime, and play games.
Girl Power Yoga is NOT about reinforcing gendered messages. Rather, it is about encouraging girls to embrace their truest selves, no matter how that manifests.
That’s why our program is grounded in yoga: a discipline that is neither competitive nor comparative. Yoga encourages mindfulness and self-acceptance.
We complement yoga with a weekly reading drawn from Mission Propelle’s curriculum of 100+ storybooks. Our books showcase a diversity of female leaders – introverts, extroverts, science lovers, unicorn enthusiasts, and beyond! Our stories also showcase a diversity of family structures and living situations, inviting girls to see differences as sources of strength and beauty.
Set-Up + Check-in
Super Power of the Day
Mantra + Close-Out
• We specialize in grades K-5; we can also accommodate middle-school girls.
• Program runs on your schedule, typically 6 to 14 weeks.
• Classes meet once per week and run 60–90 minutes.
• Classes typically include 5-20 participants.
• Although we prefer grouping girls by grade, we do allow mixed age groups.
• We have enough curriculum for girls to never repeat the same lesson twice.
• Our curriculum includes 100 Mission Propelle storybooks aligned to the Illinois Social-Emotional Learning Standards.
• Licensed and insured in the state of Illinois
• Highly qualified and rigorously trained instructors
(1) highly qualified instructor per group of children
(1) weekly e-storybook
(1) weekly parent e-newsletter with custom class recap
(1) yoga mat per child – OR – (1) set of school mats